Chemo # 6 DONE

Well the last scheduled chemo is done!!!!!

I did talk to Hyla, my ARNP, before this last treatment about what happens next. ( I see her one time and the Dr the next but she knew what I wanted to know so had already talked to Dr Mathews)

I will also see Dr Mathews on the 17th before my surgery and then will see Dr Khan and Dr Connor on the 31st for results and followup recomendtions the week after my surgery ( which will be either the 18th or 20th, still not sure which day)



I am hoping that I will not have any results after surgery until I go back on the 31st for the followup. That would mean they found nothing obvious!


I did ask what would be the next step if there were and she said Dr Mathews would likely recommend more chemo with a taxane ( one I am getting now) and possibly genzar and /or carboplatin.. She said he might want to do some before radiation. We will just have to see, if it comes to that what Dr Khan says. They work together.... talk... and make the recommendations, then I pray and choose what I think is right for me



I did ask and I have , even with stopping the adrimycin early had 400 of the 460 cc that Dr Mathews would have given in four doses, so that is very good.

I did looked up these new drugs and they dont look any more fun than the last ones so keep praying that Gods plan is for none.

When I was in the hospital, the cardiologist verbally told me to double my atenalol ( for blood pressure, but it also slows down your heart rate) . well he didnt write it down and when they discharged me I was still on the original dose... he told me to only take it if my bp wasnt too low. So this last week, I started watching it and have been taking it twice a day. So far my bp is fine and I am hoping it will help with the heart rate. I should know in a few hours!!! I had chemo Thursday and it usually begins to hit Sat afternoon.



As for me I am going forward on a positive note . I have made plans to resume teaching my sunday school class soon . I am excited about that and about being able to be back in church. We have been having a round robin of this respiratory flu stuff there so I havent dared go in weeks, even when I felt decent.



I have been REALLY careful and have only had one minor cold/allergy flare up this year.

I have been really anxious to restart my MaryKay business and a couple of girls at work prompted me by asking me to do a makeovers so I got the room ready and we did a class last night. NOW I LOVE MY NEW HOUSE with a real business room. I forgot how much fun I have making people feel good about how they look. It was a real treat for all of us! Thank you girls if you are reading this. God is so good how he works everything out to our good when we love Him!

Love you all, Blessings , Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk