A bittersweet day

As I sit here tonight alone I find that I still cant quite grasp that I have truely made it to the other side of this disease...at least for now. I received the news that Rena Tarbett...one of our MaryKay Nationals who has fought this fight for many years is once again beginning treatment. This makes me sad...and makes me know that sometimes it is never truely over. and the it will be several years before I will really know what it is for me.
I have two more close friends who are just now beginning diagnostic workups for their own newly found cancers.. and I understand that I am one way that God works through his people...
It is 8 months ago today that Orin crossed from this life into the arms of the savior. There is a part of me that wants to be there too and would have welcomed the other outcome from this surgery...
My life becomes less and less mine as I walk this journey. Age and illness have a way of coming together in a way that begins to crystalize the answer to the Who is really in charge? and What is life really all about? questions.
I know that I have become self centered in illness. I think that is a natural process but it for me hasnt been a particularly pleasant one. I am pleased for the chance to look outward again.

I have enjoyed your responses to my messages. They encourage me. I am blessed.
Kathy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kathy,
What great news. Your reflection on the past months was beautiful and it is obvious that God needs you here in good old southeast Kansas. You are truly an inspiration and a true friend to both Rod and me.
Love you,
Janet

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk