Home from the Hospital




Tuesday morning was ESCAPE DAY!! We finally made it home and back to our favorite recliners! Those hospital beds and chairs as necessary as they are just arent home!!!
Orin is still on IV antibiotics every 12 hours here at home and will be through tomorrow and then will switch to oral meds. The Decadron has been increased because of the CT scan results. There is more swelling than they want to see around those tumor sites.
Orin had a bad day Wednesday with severe headache and nausea and generally feeling bad, but has felt pretty good since. Hopefully with this recent decadron increase the headaches will decrease.
We will see our Oncologist on Tuesday. That may be a difficult day and we ask your prayers. We will need to again make treatment decisions.
We continue to praise God for his goodness. For two wonderful and caring Doctors, For our Kids and family, especially Mike who has been here daily, sometimes twice or three times just to check or do, for our wonderful friends who love and pray and do so much for us. I am in awe at how few places that I can go any more without someone that I don't see very often saying something like " you know, when I drive by your house I pray for Orin and for you" . Recently I read this quote by E M Bounds “ Prayer projects faith on God, and God on the world Only God can move mountains, and only prayer can move God” In October of 04 we began this journey and in May of 05 we were told that Orin could expect 3-6 months. I know that God does not always choose to intervene but I believe that in our case He has BECAUSE of the prayers of His people and because we are faithful to give him the Praise. Orin can't work any more. But he has continued to serve God with his talents as long as he could even in his illness.
I believe in the next post I will include pictures of some of that work for those of you that are out of town. I think it may be an encouragement to you. It has to me. Blessings Kathy

Comments

Ann said…
Love the checker players pic

Ann

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk