Blessed by my own teaching

God has blessed me with a grandson who is wonderfully receptive to the teachings of the Lord. He is also absolutely enthralled with swords and sword fighting ( at six his life goal is to be a ninja turtle I think!!)
The other day we were discussing how God's word is a sword that we can use to fight the devil's attack... for him that is "telling stories" that aren't quite true. He has a vivid imagination that gets him in trouble sometimes! I taught him part of the verse from James 4:7 " ..Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
I was thinking about that as I was driving to work the other day, dwelling on my troubles when I realized that I might need a dose of my own medicine. I have learned to carry a Bible Promise Book with me so I pulled over and pulled it out, finding this verse from Isaiah that lifted me from my funk and wrapped me in the peace and joy that God intended for me. Perhaps it will be a verse that will bless one of you today too. Lovingly, Kathy

Isaiah 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk