My Journey

To my dear dear family, brothers and sisters in Christ, cherished friends.

I have so been blessed by your prayers these past few days and know that God is very very near. What an awesome God we serve!! His ways are not ours but even that is such a testimony to His Perfection.

I have been given the news today, by my surgeon, that the nodule and lymph node he removed from my breast on Friday are indeed malignant. So just when I thought I was ready to serve, I find I am once again in a position to learn to be served. It is humbling to be once again asking for your attention and prayers but I have learned not to question God’s will, purpose or direction in my life and so do that now as I face decisions about the next step.

I will see the surgeon in the morning (Tuesday) and talk with Dr Matthews our oncologist hopefully tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning. My plans at this stage include a trip to Dr Kahn at the Rena Tarbett Cancer Center in Dallas for a second opinion on treatment options as soon as it can be arranged.

As many of you know (Scott’s wife) Sheila’s mother is in the early stages of chemo and treatment for breast cancer. Her diagnosis came just prior to Orin’s death in July. All but their youngest are old enough to understand this all…. at least enough to worry… so I ask your prayer focus especially to be in their behalf.

Mike and Emily will be parents again soon on November 1st ….or before. Their first daughter Anna was born the day we saw Orin’s surgeon for the first time…. (three years ago Saturday) They also need your prayers as they face joy and sorrow in the same moment once again.

I do not know why God has chosen this path for us. I only know that each step I have taken in the past three years has drawn me ever closer in his loving arms. I do not fear this. I expect to be here many more years…. But it’s a win win situation with precious family on this side and Orin and our Savior on the other.

I was thinking today about the web site… I haven’t posted there since Orin left.. I will go there again.. post this letter as a beginning and resume my journal. God bless each of you. It is so comforting to know that your prayers are lifting us up.

In Him
Kathy

Comments

Anonymous said…
My dear friend Kathy,
We certainly don't understand God's ways and the why's of today, do we? All I can tell you is
that, yes, we will put you on the prayer list again, prayers for you, for strength, comfort and
peace, prayers for Sheila and her mom, prayers for Mike and Emily as they face yet another
battle in front of them with their growing family.

We are here for you and will do whatever you ask of us, need us to do for you.

Blessings with love and strength
Linda

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk