May Jesus Christ be praised

I have this ritual for waking up in the morning that calls for a cup of coffee and 15 minutes of sitting! (somehow my body always gets up and leaves my brain still in bed) I have found that my recliner is not a bad place for this activity.( the plan is simple, you drink the coffee and then sit quietly,, in about 15 minutes you discover that your brain is awake, has now joined your body and the day can officially begin.) ..anyway the recliner is a good place.. its comfy, but this morning I decided to take advantage of the minutely short period of morning "cool" and I went out to the lounge chair on the deck.. As I sat there quietly waiting for my brain to join me, the words to a hymn came flooding in... they say "When morning guilds the sky, my heart awakening cries, May Jesus Christ be Praised" and I knew again what a blessing it is to know Jesus, to have His presence join my morning ritual, and the start of my day..which can be a bit precarious when you are running around with your brain still in bed, was miraculously changed as I focused on the one thing that never changes..... that He, Our Savior, is worthy. MAY JESUS CHRIST BE PRAISED!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kathy,
I read this post yesterday and related so much. Our morning rituals are so similiar. I love you and Orin and pray for you to continue to have the peace that this blog testifies to.
Know that you are in my heart,
Connie Jo
Anonymous said…
Kathy,I just now got your e-mail on 7/14/06 that you apparently sent on 7/10/06 about your blog. This is a great idea and what a way to keep us all posted without making dozens of calls or sending out dozens of e-mails. I say dozens and maybe should say hundreds because so many people love you both have you both in their thoughts and prayers. May God's name be praised and glorified. It's only thru Him that we can get through each day. Let me know if we can do anything for you besides pray!

Love you, Jane

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk