And what do you do when the sink has a leak?

     Five years and some months ago, I began took on the task of living alone. Not by choice, nevertheless it happened.  I was new at it and I still feel that way today. 
      After growing up on a farm with a dad who could fix anything, it was no surprise that the man I chose to marry was just like him!  We were a good pair, as were my parents when it came to keeping things running smoothly.  If he lost a button or tore his shirt, I could fix it.  When the sink leaked, he could. Neither of us were in to challenging traditional roles, no need, the way we did it woked.
    Today, discovering a leak in the plumbing, I am thinking perhaps I should have paid more attention!  And I am wondering.  I have numerous friends on facebook and such that live alone and have for many years.  How do you handle this issue?  Do you have a huge budget for repairs?  Do you have friends that you "trade" with when it comes to things you don't know how to do?  Do you just get a book and learn?  I  know I can ask for help, but it's not easy to do that.  I am sharing this on facebook but hope you will come to my blog and respond.. there must be many out there who are interested in your answers.
Blessings, Kathy

Comments

Susan Mires said…
I figure I don't know what I can't do until I've tried it. I used putty once to fix a leaky pipe. I've also learned - don't tear apart the toilet unless you're positive you can put it back together!

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk