Hair

I saw an old acquaintance today.  I was driving away from the local convenient mart as I saw her get out of her car and with a tired walk, make her way into the store... We didn't speak and yet she spoke volumes to my heart.  You see, she had her head covered.  Covered in a way that told me that underneath there was no hair. 

I will search her out soon, call, send a card.  Tell her she does not fight alone.  Tell her that she can go on. Tell her that I understand.  I will not tell her to call me if she needs something, because I know that she won't. I won't tell her that she will live, because I don't know if she will.  But just for today I will tell her she is not alone, and it will be enough. I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk