Chemo today finally

After weeks of tests and consults and surgeries ( one to remove the lymph node and lump and a second to put in my port) I finally started CHEMO today.
I am really doing fine,,,, they are very proactive about treating symptoms.... I will use three different meds before and during the treatments to prevent nausea. The nurse who gave me treatment today said I was taking the elite drugs!!! I am very hopeful that the nausea will be minimal. Treatment took from 9:30 til 1:00. I did fine... was a little drowsy for a while from the IV benedryl that they gave me ( rashes and itching can be a side effect). But have been out to eat and to Rachel's ball game. I really dont feel bad yet but they say it takes a day or two.

I already have cut my hair really short, purchased a really cute wig, several hats and mom has knit me three caps to wear to bed to keep my head warm. I have already been "counseled that I will be emotional when my hair falls out no matter how prepared I am ( that should be somewhere around ten days from now). So I will just cry and get over it when it happens.

Mom is here and went with me today and will stay until Monday at least in case I need her. She is doing better than I hoped and has been blessed with accounts from numerous people who are breast cancer survivors. She really is an amazing lady.

I will have six treatments ( every three weeks) then surgery to remove more lymph nods ( which I am already believing will be cancer free) then probably six weeks of radiation. then 5-8 years of anti estrogen medication. By the time that is over I will have eliminated all articles of clothing in my wardrobe made of yarn, fleece, wool, or flannel,,,,,, my closet will be full of loose fitting, cotton housedresses that I have cut the sleeves out of, and will flutter flatteringly in front of the many fans that I will own...

I probably will have some down days. But I will get through this... I am actually looking forward with anticipation to how God plans to use me with all this education I am getting.

........ and ........... just to prove to you that I am already NUTS..... I am moving !

I kept walking by this house about three blocks from me that was for sale and kept being not sold and one day it occured to me that I should look at it..... the long story later.... but I always have said I could buy a house quicker than Mr Gronau could buy groceries! I really took quite a while deciding..... decided to ...got my diagnosis.... then finally decided it was my affirmation to ME to go ahead with it...because cancer was only going to just take me on a detour... I still planned LIFE.

God gave me the verse in Exodus 33:21 Where he said "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock .

And Rita (my sister ) sent me this list of pondersims that included this one that I found to be worth remembering Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank you for your continued prayers. I am very very blessed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Please know that there are many people who know you and are praying for you...we love you.!
Kathy and Donovan

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk