Family Time

The last couple of weeks have been a time of special visits with brothers and sisters. ( This pic was taken when we were at Ray's graduation party in June ). Cline and wife Judy and June and husband Clyde were here the Saturday before July 4th. We had a great visit and they had an eventful trip home traveling the flood ridden plains of southeast Kansas. Last week June returned and spent several days with us, visiting and caring for Orin while I worked. She of course spoiled him a bit with an old family favorite and we all enjoyed warm bread pudding with raisins topped with vanilla icecream!
We have had to increase both the decadron and the morphine... Orin does still get out side occasionally. We have a lift that helps him transfer from bed to his scooter or chair. He doesnt have the strength to be up for much more than an hour but uses the time he has to good advantage helping me know how to care for our yard and plants. I am trying to be a good student but wonder how I will ever remember all he is trying to teach. I am thankful for the years at his side and wonder how it could have passed so quickly. I know our days together now are growing short , yet I do not question because I know that God is in control and does not make mistakes with our lives. It still hurts to let him go and I ask your prayers for God's grace as I prepare to do that. Ever Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk