Condition Update

I could not have guessed how confusing that this illness could be as it progressed . I am finding that being a nurse isnt helping much at all. .

My heart cries as I hear the man I love so much speak rationally in one sentence and be completely "off the wall" in the next. It is hard to know if it is the cancer... or the medication that it takes to control the pain it causes, that speaks to me. Sometimes the words I hear are innocent and playful, almost like those that come from my granddaughters.. sometimes they are harsh and demanding and very very unlike the loving man I have known, ALWAYS they take me off guard, because just minutes before they were rational.

He has pain often now in the back of his head , in addition to the right side and his neck and shoulders. He also has begun to complain of pain in his left side and back. There just seem to be more obvious signs that the cancer is gaining control of his body. I have never been a one to worry, but I have had to really work on letting God have control of Orin's last days.

Dave Myers, a good friend from Altoona had spent a couple of afternoons with Orin while I worked. Scott, our oldest son was here this week. My mom will be here next week and June is coming the following week. I have just the best daughters in law anyone could have. They are both here when ever I need them. I am so so blessed. I am so grateful for loving family and friends. They just seem to be all around and I dont think I could do this without them.
God just seems to know exactly who and what I need and it just is there. I guess that's cause he's God. I'm just so glad He cares.

Orin is resting now, He had a bad bout with pain earlier. I was shaken but feel better having been able to share my heart with all of you. I love you all and know that you love us too. Thank you for your prayers and concerns. Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk