Faith ---- the solid ground

Hebrews 11:1 says Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. We've studied that recently in a class I am leading and I have challenged our ladies to make that verse personal to them. For me it is this "Faith is the solid ground on which I can place my trust no matter what the circumstances and because God said it I know it is absolute truth. How blessed that I just recently was challenged to do that because today I must lean on that definition. Things aren't going so well. The chemo that should have by now been well in to the third or forth round has yet to start the second. In fact Orin has had only one chemo treatment since the tumors were discovered in his brain. I was warned that sometimes it is difficult to recover from the radiation and steroid treatment enough to resume chemo. That was complicated I think by the fact that I became ill with pneumonia and a couple of other bacterial infections that I may have passed to him ( or who knows maybe he got them and shared) but any way we both were sick and it took a couple of rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it.
Still Orin seems not to be able to get off of the steroids. These were initially started to reduce the swelling around the tumors in the brain. Swelling that if I understand correctly may still be there to some degree. They slowly decrease the dose and when he gets down so far he begins having headaches, nausea and lightheadedness, so they have to increase the dose. He is also having so symptoms that make me a little concerned that there may be something going on down at the original cancer site as he is having some pain there. He is not loosing weight. That may be because of the steriods. However he is very fatigued. We talk with the Dr and our nurse practitioner frequently. They are wonderful and as near as the phone night and day. We will see them on Monday and decide whether chemo can be an option this next week. We do know that chemo will only give us a little more time and it may be that we will soon decide to stop it all together anyway.
We have Faith in a God who knows all, and loves us far more that we can ever love each other and that faith is the solid ground that allows us to rest and trust that He will do what is Best and Right and Good. We will Praise Him and we will not fear because He is Almighty God.
Love to you all , Blessings Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk