Almost Done

Radiation is almost over! Yea! One more hurdle! It ended up being 14 treatments instead of 10 and there was the ice !!!! so things stretched out... But tomorrow is the last day and we are glad!. Aside from feeling like he was flying at high altitude or had water in his ears and the fatigue that radiation causes the symptoms havent been awful.. the headaches have lessened and the other problems... dizziness, arm weakness etc have pretty much gone away. We are praising God for that! Orin is being slowly tapered off of the steroids that he was placed on initially to prevent seizures from the brain tumors.
We see Dr Matthews, our oncologist a week from tomorrow and will talk with him then about what to do next. Most likely Orin will choose to try the next chemo combination. Much will depend on how he feels by then I think.
He has had a lot of fatique and weakness but it is difficult to know how much is from the radiation and how much is from the cancer itself. One benefit of the steriod treatment is that it has been beneficial to his appetite. He and 9 mo old Lily Claire are quite a pair now... both bald and you can't fill them up!!!
We have been so blessed by having our grandchildren and having them so near us. Each of them have their own way of cheering us. They are at our house often and while Blake worries about "when and where Grandpa's hair will fall out" Anna's biggest job is to see that they draw a sufficient number of "alligators" on the little chalk board.... on and on it goes!!
I plan to post more frequently here. If your not bashful to do so , I 'd love to hear from you too.
just hit the comment button I think.... I will try it to be sure and leave instructions in an additional post. Love to you all Kathy

Comments

Many of you have asked what you can do to help and so I will tell you that for me and for others that are going through similar situations.. Knowing that you are thinking and praying means more than you can ever ever know. One way that you can do that is just a simple little comment here on this site. You may do that easily by simply clicking on the COMMENT button. If you do not have an "identity" just choose OTHER and add your name or choose ANONYMOUS... either way you may sign your name here or if you wish not to you may leave your entry completely anonymous, sign only your first name or initials... the identity part will show in the comment title list I believe... I have saved all of your emails when I am having a hard day I read them but it would be nice to have them here in one place.. Thank you for your great love and care for our family. When you are done just click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT
Anonymous said…
Kathy, Have just read this site and am praising God with you that this part of the journey is almost complete. I have tried to send you emails but they keep coming back, so don't know what to do. Am still thinking about coming this weekend but will have to wait and see what the weather does. Do not want to head southeast if it looks like there will be moisture, etc. In the meantime, please know that we continue to pray. Reading in Psalm 16 this morning....vs6....indeed my heritage is beautiful to me......Isn't it a comfort to know that you do indeed have an inheritance in Him, that no one, or no thing can ever take away. Love you both. jh
Anonymous said…
Kathy and Orin,

Glad to hear that the radiation is helping and you are doing better. Keep it up! You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Jerry & Edna
Anonymous said…
Dear Kathy and Orin-
Thanks Kathy for your reply to my email the other day. I have often thought of both of you since the wedding - I did miss you but imagined it wasn't in the "plan" for you to attend. I have MANY photos to share sometime, if you want to see. Orin should have been in "the biz", cause your next 6 months of house payments could have been covered with what we spent on the photographer! Ha!
I have enjoyed your blog - and I am sure it is a comfort for both of you to have a safe venue for sharing your joys and disappointments. Your grandkids must be a true delight! I will have to wait - but in God's time, they will come. Grant promises Marlin and I many grandkids - but is not married and doesn't plan to be at any soon date - boys! He says he wants 5 kids - but we'll see what his future wife says - ha!
I am glad Orin has some relief of symptoms from the radiation - and that you are feeling support and love from your extended family.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will read and respond to the blog as I can.
Love - Ellen

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk