Therefore will not we fear

I have always loved Fall. It comes with cool breezes and the soothing sounds of rustling leaves.. the knowledge of awakening to that first snow covered morning reminding of Gods perfect quiet peace and rest.
We are here again and I think of how many blessing We have today. It has been just two years since Orin and I left for the hospital at 6 am for his colonoscopy. Since he has been having problems, I was already concerned and I remember thinking as we drove out of the drive way " I wonder if our lives will ever be the same again". Well as you know they havent been.
But my oh my what blessings we have seen. Yes we have had problems and tears. Orin has pain every day. The cancer isnt gone. We will know in a couple weeks just where it stands ( he is having a CT on the 11th our apt is the 16th so I will post after that) but we have discovered what is important in our time together.
Orin has had the opportunity to serve God by building two needed items for the church. God has honored that with two years we didnt think he was going to have here with us. Each day draws us closer to the savior we serve as we learn to depend on him instead of the world to meet our needs.
We has seen both our children marry wonderful women and we have seven beautiful grandchildren. The Lord has allowed us to personally see three of them ask Christ to be their savior. There is no greater joy. And there is no other purpose.
The two that are the closest to Orin who are old enough to understand can now be comforted when the time comes with the assurance of seeing their grandpa in heaven. Little Blake is barely six and has worked on that decision all summer. He spent three months questioning his grandma and his sunday school teacher and I am not sure who else so two weeks ago when the sunday school lesson ended early he once again began "barraging his teacher with questions and when he finally understood she helped him pray. He told me with a big grin and his little thumb pointing up. IM GOING TO HEAVEN!
I would be misleading if I told you this walk was easy. It isnt. Orin hurts. He is tired and weak a lot. He doesnt say so, but I know that sometimes he looses his fix on the Lord and gets scared, me too. I hurt. Guess its getting old, the "arthur" thing, the stress of trying to work full time, and keep up at home,the hardest is never knowing how Orin is going to feel. Its not a daily thing, its hourly. Some of it is the cancer, a lot of it is the after effects of the surgery , chemo and radiation.He can feel pretty good in the morning and be in bed all afternoon. I have never been a worrier, but I find it less and less comfortable to be away from home. The medical bills arent easy. Somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000 a year out of pocket is a fair estimate. If I had the time I would sell AFLAC. If you dont have cancer insurance I would recommend it.
But God has given us a wonderful family. We have physical and spiritual brothers and sisters who care for us and love us and pray for and with us and we love and thank each of you. I am especially grateful for the brothers who encourage Orin and see that he has "projects" to keep him busy and included. I will Post again next week after out visit with Dr Matthews.
Love to you all, Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and prayer moves the hand of God

The Blessings of Love

faith walk